Restructuring, NPLs, Debt, Compliance, Derivatives
Tommaso joined iLS in January 2023.
He is specialised in debt restructuring and acquisition finance transactions. He has advised primary Italian and European banks investment funds. He also has remarkable experience in derivatives. In 2018 and 2020, he was awarded with the “Le Fonti” prize as “lawyer of the year” in the field of banking and regulatory law finalist for the “TopLegal” prize as “professional of the year” in the banking practice.
Prior to joining the firm, Tommaso was with the US law firm Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP (both in Milan and New York) and previously with Norton Rose Fulbright.
Tommaso is native Italian speaker and fluent in English, French and German.
Tommaso qualified as an avvocato in 2003.
- Founding partner of Senni & Partners – Milan and Rome (2010-2023);
- Enrolment with the Registry of Bankruptcy Receivers/insolvency practitioners at the Court of Milan (2009);
- Senior associate at Willkie, Farr & Gallagher LLP (Milan and New York), collaborating in the field of banking/finance (with particular emphasis on regulatory law, structured finance and derivatives) (2007-2010);
- Associate at Norton Rose Fulbright (Milan), collaborating in the field of banking and corporate finance (including regulatory law, capital markets, financial derivatives and structured finance), and M&A/private equity (2005-2007);
- Associate at Pedersoli, Lombardi & Associati Studio Legale (Milan), a major Italian corporate law firm (2001-2005);
- Traineeship at the Council of Europe (Strasbourg) (2001);
- Collaboration in the field of legal research (international trade law) with Professor Ugo Draetta (Catholic University of the Holy Heart of Milan) and Professor Henry Lesguillons (Université Paris X – Nanterre) (2000-2006).
- “Introduzione al diritto pubblico italiano. Cenni comparatistici”, Ed. Università LIUC, 2016;
- “Il Regolamento (UE) 848/2015 sulle procedure di insolvenza transfrontaliere. Il fenomeno dell’insolvenza di gruppo: quale impatto sul diritto italiano?”, published on “Il Fallimento, IPSOA, 2017;
- “La direttiva 2004/39/CE relativa ai mercati degli strumenti finanziari: alcune questioni interpretative”, (Comments on the Directive 2004/39/EC on markets in financial instruments) published on Diritto del Commercio Internazionale (International Trade Law Review), No. 1/2007 (Ed. Giuffré, Milano);
- “Developing opportunities in the Sino-Mediterranean shipping practice”, on “China Insight” (Norton Rose publication), April 2007;
- “I provvedimenti di attuazione della L. 150/2000”, in Manuale di Teoria e Tecnica della Comunicazione Pubblica, edited by S. Rolando, Etas, Milano, 2011;
- “La direttiva comunitaria n. 2000/35/CE – combating against late payments in rapporto alla disciplina sulla subfornitura” (The Directive 2000/35/EC ‘combating against late payments’ in connection with the regulations on sub-contracting): published on Diritto del Commercio Internazionale, No. 5/2001 (Ed. Giuffré, Milano);
- “I problemi connessi all’applicazione dell’IVA al commercio elettronico: novità in ambito comunitario” (the EU regulations on VAT and e-commerce): published on Diritto del Commercio Internazionale, No. 2/2001 (Ed. Giuffré, Milano);
- “La nuova legge n. 62/2001 e i problemi dell’editoria elettronica; profili di violazione del diritto comunitario” (the Italian Law No. 62/2001 and on-line publications; possible breach of EU law): published on Diritto del Commercio Internazionale, No. 3/2001 (Ed. Giuffré, Milano);
- “Some remarks on UNCITRAL Model Law on Electronic Signatures”: to be published on Diritto del Commercio Internazionale;
- “Some remarks on the UNCITRAL Model Law on Electronic Signatures”/«Une introduction à la Loi type sur les signatures électroniques élaborée par l’UNCITRAL»: published (in English and French) on Revue de Droit des Affaires Internationales, No. 1/2005;
- “Continua il dibattito sul processo telematico”, published on the website www.beta.it;
- “Il Tribunale penale internazionale: il problema del ruolo del Consiglio di Sicurezza delle Nazioni Unite” (the International Criminal Court): published on Rivista giuridica italiana, No. 1/2002;
- “Commentario agli articoli 16 della Convenzione Europea dei Diritti Umani e dell’articolo 3, Protocollo Aggiuntivo N. 1” (Comments to the 1950 European Convention on Human Rights), published in 2006 for Ed. Simone.